Call for papers and schedule
Call for Papers
The 23rd MLSP workshop is sponsored by the IEEE Signal Processing Society. The MLSP workshop is to bring together the researchers from all over the world to exchange ideas and share the most recent research achievements in signal processing developments for machine learning and cognition systems through plenary talks, tutorials as well as special and regular single-track sessions. Prospective authors are invited to submit papers on relevant subjects including, but not limited to:
- Learning theory and techniques
- Graphical models and kernel methods
- Data-driven adaptive systems and models
- Pattern recognition and classification
- Distributed, Bayesian, subspace/manifold and sparsity-aware learning
- Multiset data analysis and multimodal data fusion
- Perceptual signal processing in audio, image and video
- Cognitive information processing
- Multichannel adaptive and nonlinear signal processing
- Applications, including: speech and audio, image and video, music, biomedical signals and images; communications; bioinformatics; biometrics, computational intelligence, genomic signals and sequences; social networks; games, and smart grid.
Latent Variable Analysis
This year the Latent Variable Analysis (LVA) Conference will take place as a two-day
track (September 24-25) within the MLSP Workshop.
Best Student Award
The MLSP Best Student Paper Award will be granted to the best overall paper for which a student is the principal author and presenter.
This author must be a registered student at the time of paper submission to be eligible for this award. The award will be presented
during the conference and consists of a honorarium (to be divided equally between all student authors of the paper), and a certificate for each such author. The award will be selected by a subcommittee of the program committee. The selection is based on the quality,
originality, and clarity of the submission.
Prospective authors are invited to submit a double column paper of up to six
pages using the electronic submission procedure
. Accepted papers will be published on memory
sticks to be distributed at the workshop. The presented papers will be published in and indexed by IEEE Xplore.
A number of selected papers will be extended and published in Springer Journal of Signal Processing Systems.
|Submission of full paper:||May 24, 2013|
|Notification of acceptance:||June 28, 2013|
|Advance registration before:||July 26, 2013|
|Camera-ready paper:||July 26, 2013|